We are hiring DevOps Architect !
Contract, 12 months
Work authorization: Canada (required)
- Design and implement DevOps and CI/CD lifecycles – from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Engage in continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous testing of infrastructure and services.
- Ensure infrastructure and/or application availability and continuously optimize resource usage.
- Document all related processes and procedures
Prepare and continuously improve technical documentation
- Provide training and support to software engineering teams during implementation
- Coordinate onshore and offshore teams to support implementation activities
- Support infrastructure and services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain Infrastructure and services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Support incident resolution and work on lesson learned and preventive maintenance (HW/SW)
- Analyze continuously process and performance – Proactive Problem Management
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Collaborate with architects, developers and project stakeholders to define requirements and deliverables
- Automating, scheduling builds and deployments, performing manual deployments if needed, coordinating with the engineering and QA teams, and assisting in the development and implementation of CI automation tools, scripts, and workflows
- Deliver recommendations and guidance with regard to automation, orchestration, build, and deployment efforts
- Deliver recommendations and guidance with regard to project scoping, release/sprint planning using Agile DevOps tools (e.g., Rally/JIRA), and prioritization for automation, orchestration, build, and deployment efforts
Who You Are:
- University degree in Technical area (Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems or related field)
- Experience with virtualization technologies in Linux based environments (hypervisor and/or container-based virtualization)
- Strong background in Linux Administration
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and network security
- Experience in one or more of the following DevOps tools: Gitlab, Jenkins, Hudson, Chef, Puppet, Git, Gerrit, Ansible, OpenShift, etc
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: C++, Java, Go
- Experience in Linux/Perl/Python/Unix Shell/Ansible Scripts – to handle complex automation/administration tasks
- Mission-critical production support experience.
- Highly collaborative team player
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to travel
- Efficient communication, communication with 3rd parties
- SD – Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery/Deployment (CD), Orchestration
- Excellent experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Python, C++, Java, CI/CD processes and tools: GitLab, Ansible, Kubernetes, Tosca
- CI/CD processes and tools: Jenkins, Maven, Nexus
- SW static testing: Sonar3, Robot or others
- Cloud Technologies: Openstack, Docker, OpenShift
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Public/Private Cloud Architectures
- Admin of Unix/Linux based system
- ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana
By applying for this job, you accept the privacy statement:
- To process your online application we collect, process and use your personal data. We will treat your data as strictly confidential in accordance statutory provisions.
- By submitting your application, you consent to your data being processed electronically.
- For detailed information read the local data protection when applying for a job position.
To apply, send your Word resume an salary expectations to [email protected]